Christian Fundamentalism and the Brutal murder of Ethiopian Adoptee Hana Williams in United States.
The Washington natives Larry and Carri Williams who were convicted for brutally killing their Ethiopian Adoptee Hana Williams are followers of No Greater Joy Ministries, a 501(c)(3) Christian fundamentalist organization founded by Michael and Debi Pear ,the organization is known for useing fundamentalist biblical teachings to promote their vision of effective parenting techniques and Christian “family values.” and Hana’s death was the third confirmed case of an adopted child murdered by parents who followed the teachings of No Greater Joy Ministries (NGJ).
Michael and Debi Pearl, founders of “No Greater Joy Ministries”
In a court ruling on November 15th, 2013, Washington natives Larry and Carri Williams were found guilty of murdering their adopted daughter. Hana Williams was found dead laying face down and naked in the family’s backyard in May 2011. Officials determined her death was caused by hypothermia and malnutrition. According to the investigation, “the parents had deprived her of food for days at a time and had made her sleep in a cold barn or a closet and shower outside with a hose. And they often whipped her, leaving marks on her legs.”
Larry and Carri Williams
Source and further reading: http://www.politicalresearch.org/profiles-on-the-right-no-greater-joy-and-the-pearl-family/
- Parents Convicted Of Starving Daughter To Death In Backyard…. (spongebobz14.wordpress.com)
- About Those “Model Homeschoolers”… (homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com)
- Another couple found guilty of murder for parenting by “To Train Up a Child” (richarddawkins.net)
- More religion as child abuse: Parents get stiff jail time for beating their child to death using Christian guidelines (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- FOUND GUILTY, with Biblical based parenting techniques. (1worldup.co)
- Owning humans is alive and well – It’s Hana who’s dead (ellecuardaigh.com)
- This girl was adopted, then abused until she died (news.optuszoo.com.au)
- Christian homeschoolers receive maximum jail time for death of child (examiner.com)
- Christian Parents Receive Massive Sentence for the Starving and Freezing Death of Their Adopted Daughter (patheos.com)
- Parents Convicted Of Starving Daughter To Death In Backyard (hollywoodlife.com)
Posted on December 2, 2013, in General Ethiopian News, Rainbow-Ethiopia Updates and tagged Adoption, Carri Williams, Christian fundamentalism, Death, Ethiopian Adoption, Hana Williams, Larry, Michael, Michael and Debi Pearl, No Greater Joy Ministries (NGJ, Parenting, Washington. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.